Sunflower seed is known as the fruit of the plant whose Latin name is Helianthus annuus. This plant is a large flowering plant belonging to the daisy family, which produces one crop per year. The stems of the plant grow up to 3 meters, and the flower grows up to 30 centimeters in diameter. This plant can be grown in any region where irrigation opportunities may be limited. There are also seventy species of plants of this genus.
Due to its high oil content, it is widely used in oil production. It is sold as a lightly roasted snack on the tables, salted, unsalted, with sauce and pepper.
There are also bakery products made with sunflower seeds. When looking at the content according to the nutritional values, it is 18.76 g, sugar, 2.62 g, fat, 49.57 g, protein, 22.78 g, vitamin E (230%) 34.50 mg, calcium (12%) 116 mg. Sunflower seeds are one of the small and delicious snack foods.
In addition, it is a very valuable food for human health. Especially the various vitamins and fibers in the sunflower seeds complete the deficiencies of the body, which are necessary for health.
Our Production Locations:
What are the Benefits of Sunflower Seeds?
Sunflower seeds have many health benefits due to the fiber, vitamins and other nutrients in them. These benefits are;
- Provides skin rejuvenation
- It helps to remove wrinkles on the skin by accelerating blood circulation with vitamin E in it.
- The fiber in it helps the digestive system to work regularly.
- Thanks to the oil in its content, it helps to prevent vascular occlusions by increasing good cholesterol.
- It is a natural aid for Alzheimer’s disease.
- It is good for cardiovascular diseases.
- It is good for nail breakage and hair loss.
- It is useful in panic attacks and depression disorders.
- It helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- It helps the thyroid glands to function regularly.
- It is among the natural foods that are effective against muscle weakness and pain.
- It also takes the swelling that occurs in the body.
Consumption of sunflower seeds is very beneficial to human life as mentioned above.
What Does Sunflower Seed Do?
Sunflower seeds contain high amounts of minerals, fiber and nutrients. It has many benefits in terms of health, especially if it is consumed regularly every day. These;
- Since it contains high amount of phosphorus, it is good for bone and muscle health.
- Thanks to the antioxidants in its content, it protects the immune system against viruses and bacteria.
- With the vitamin E in it, it is preventive against serious deformations on the skin, hair loss and wear.
- By renewing the nerve cells, it prevents the processes that cause diseases such as headache, depression, fatigue and depression.
- Since it is a pulpy food, it cleans the intestines and prevents constipation problems.
- It is good for problems such as high fever, sputum and cough that cause upper respiratory tract diseases.
- Thanks to its high magnesium content, it strengthens the immune system. People who consume it regularly gain resistance to various diseases.
- It supports by regulating protein synthesis.
- It is a natural and effective treatment method against stress.
- It is a natural antidepressant and is good for depression.
- Thanks to its cell renewal feature, it positively affects brain health and strengthens memory.
- It helps people feel more comfortable by regulating their emotional states.
With the above-mentioned features, it is a very useful food for human body and mental health.
How to Use Sunflower Seeds?
The use of sunflower seeds is especially in the form of snacks. These snacks are consumed in the form of sweet and salty by roasting their seeds. However, it is one of the most used forms in our country, since it is used in oil from sunflower seeds. This oil is obtained directly from the seeds of the sunflower plant. Sunflower oil is also generally used in salads, meals and frying.
What are the Nutrients in Sunflower Seeds?
Vitamins E, B5, B1 and minerals such as political acid, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, selenium are included.
Is there any harm to the moon core?
Consumption of sunflower seeds more than necessary leads to an excessive accumulation of sodium in the body and this leads to side effects such as obesity. In the consumption of sunflower seeds, the seeds from the allergen food group cause allergic reactions such as tearing, itching and redness on the skin, eczema and sneezing in sensitive people.
What is the Price of Sunflower Seeds?
The average 2021 price of one kilogram of white sunflower seeds, which is the most consumed type of nuts in Turkey, is constantly changing due to market conditions. In order to follow the current prices, you can contact our company. We provide services at the most affordable price in the market conditions.
How Much Sun Seed Should Be Consumed?
It is recommended to consume at most one handful of raw sunflower seeds daily at snacks. In general, 25 grams of sunflower seeds should be consumed per day for women and 38 grams per day for men.
How Much Oil Is in Sunflower Seeds?
Looking at the content of roasted or unsalted sunflower seeds, seventy-two percent of the calories consist of fat.
How Much Oil Is Produced From Sunflower Seeds?
It is known that 1 kilo of oil is produced from 3 kilos of sunflower seeds.
In Which Regions Does Sunflower Seed Grow?
In almost many parts of the world, it is possible to grow the sunflower, which is the fruit of the sunflower seed. In our country, Tekirdağ is the place where the most sunflowers are grown, followed by Edirne. In general, sunflower is a plant that is grown extensively in the Marmara region with 47.2%, in the Central Anatolian region with 29.2%, and in the Black Sea region with 8.2%.
In How Many Days Does Sunflower Seed Come Out?
Sunflower seeds from the sunflower plant grow best at temperatures between 18 and 33 degrees. Depending on the species, the maturation of the sunflowers and the production of new seeds generally take between 80 and 120 days.
How Many Months Does Sunflower Seed Grow?
Sunflower, which is planted in Turkey in the beginning of April and in the middle of May, is generally harvested at the end of August and September. On average, it requires a cultivation period of 120 or 130 days.
How Many Calories Are in Sunflower Seeds?
The calories in sunflower seeds contain 582 kcal calories in 100 grams of roasted and unsalted varieties. There are 146 kcal calories in a handful, that is, in 25 grams. Due to the high amounts of protein, fat, potassium, E and B vitamins, zinc, copper, magnesium and phosphorus in its content, it has many positive effects in terms of health when it is not consumed too much. Raw consumption is especially recommended by experts.
Does Sunflower Seed Make Weight?
It is one of the questions asked by many people. Although the high amount of fat in its content seems to make you gain more weight, on the contrary, it helps you lose weight. Sunflower seeds are included in a food that helps to lose weight.
Although it is a rich food with fiber content that accelerates metabolism and supports weight loss, it is possible to see its benefits with a balanced consumption. Although sunflower seeds are a food source with high calorie support, they are a food with a very high fiber content. Since the fibers absorb water, they will swell in the stomach and slow down digestion by giving a feeling of satiety. With this feeling of satiety, it will help to lose weight by consuming less food.